Applications are accepted during the fall and spring semesters from the third week of instruction until the last day of instruction (not the last day of finals). Applications are accepted during the summer from the last week in May until the beginning of the fall semester (not the beginning of classes).
To be eligible to declare students must:
- be currently enrolled in or have completed PACS 10 with a grade of C or better (PACS 10 can be repeated only once in order to obtain a grade of C or better.);
- have a major and cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher; and
- not be in your final semester of undergraduate work.
Additionally, students are encouraged - but not required - to complete two semesters of college-level foreign language or the equivalent before applying to the major.
To get declared, students must both:
- attend a Major Declaration Workshop (check the Teaching Program Calendar for dates) and
- meet with an advisor to submit the PACS Application materials.
Bring a completed PACS Application including all materials and transcripts listed below to the Workshop. Application materials may be submitted after attending the Major Declaration Workshop. However, students will not be officially declared until they have both attended a Workshop and submitted all declaration papers.